Student Services-Student Engagement Assistant (Work Study Eligible)
The Student Engagement Assistant will have the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of Student Affairs, including Recruitment/Admissions and Retention. There are many benefits to being a Student Program’s Assistant including expanding your professional network, receiving mentorship from supervisors, facilitating your own personal and professional growth, and improving your marketable skills. This position is open to all WSU Everett students of all majors.
· Work with professional staff to develop effective marketing strategies, create flyers and advertisements for events; manage student services social media channels, conduct class presentations to students to increase awareness and encourage participation
· Help support recruitment and retention events on campus; help could include but not limited to: set up, check/registration, greet guests, clean up/takedown; engage with students at EvCC by hosting weekly office hours.
· Provide administrative support to staff as needed & assist with some clerical responsibilities (e.g. entering survey data, submitting purchase requests)
· Assist with planning and implementation of New Student Orientation
· Assist with creation of content for weekly student newsletter
· Student may work in collaboration with WSU Everett Marketing team and WSU Everett Student Ambassadors
· Positive, engaging attitude with a passion for helping and supporting students
· Experience in creating and designing creative flyers for promotional and social media use
· Ability to learn and adhere university brand standards and divisional marketing practices.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent project management skills to consistently meet deadlines.
· Good team player, able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and willing to learn
Hours per week: maximum 15 (average 8-10) hours per week, generally between Monday through Thursday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m