Student Services-Student Services Assistant (Work Study Eligible)
The Student Services Assistant will gain strong customer service skills through engagement with a diverse population of visitors, students, staff, and faculty. This position will benefit the student by expanding their communication skills via phone, email, and in person interactions, improve ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously, event planning knowledge, as well as become an excellent customer service representative for diverse populations. This position is open to all students in any Everett campus degree program.
· Maintain a friendly and welcoming environment at WSU Everett
· Answer phones, take messages, and transfer calls
· Assist visitors; inform visitors of programs and advisor information, direct visitors to specific locations
· Proctor exams
· General office work; update documents, assist WSU and Partner Universities’ staff, post fliers, filing and scanning documents, uphold University regulations, etc.
· Review and respond to WSU Everett.admission emails
· Assist with orientation, and help plan campus events
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English to exchange information on the phone or in-person
· Positive attitude when interacting with students, visitors and the public
· Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel)
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and office equipment
· Ability to see and read and verify data and prepare various materials.
Hours per week: maximum 15 (average 12-14) hours per week, generally between Monday through Thursday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.