Student Services-Mail Room Assistant (Work Study Eligible)
The Mail room Assistant will gain skills in mail room operations for a large organization, general knowledge of exam proctoring, and skills in customer service. This position is open to all students in any Everett campus degree program.
· Maintain a safe and organized mail room; receive and distribute mail; collect, package and prepare outgoing mail
· Inform WSU staff, faculty, and Everett University Center staff with understanding WA state mailing regulations
· On occasion, assist with general office duties: organize storerooms, and proctor exams
· On occasion, assist with event set up and clean up
· Manage signage; remove old fliers, create a-board and white board signs for events, etc.
· Assist with light building duties under the direction of the Building Manager
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English to exchange information on the phone or in-person
· Positive attitude when interacting with staff, faculty, and mail delivery service personnel
· Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and mailing equipment
· Ability to see and read and verify data and prepare various materials
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques, able to carry/lift up to 20 pounds frequently
Hours per week: maximum 15 (average 10-14) hours per week, generally between Monday through Thursday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.